Monday, September 29, 2008

What to do With Eye Round Steak


The other week I found a great deal on eye round steak that I couldn't pass up. I figure I would use it in something someday soon. So I re-wrapped it and froze it.

I got the steak out last week and decided to see what I could do with it. I ended up making this on Friday night. This was the night of the big debate for President so it is
now called Debate Steak. This is what you will need for the recipe:

pkg. Round steak thin cut (there was about 14 in ours) this was very thin slice about 1/2 inch.

In a bowl mix up 1/2 flour, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper,1 T. garlic powder and 1 T.onion powder.

Coat both sides of the steak with the flour mixture.

Then put some olive oil in a large frying pan and sear it on both sides.

Spray crock pot with cooking spray

Place each piece of steak in crock pot staggering the layering of the steaks.

Cut up one small white onion and separate rings and place on top of the steaks.

With the remainder of the dripping in the pan add the left over flour and a little bit of water to make rue.

Then in a small bowl mix; ¾ to 1 cup of sour cream, 1/4 c. milk, Thai Seasoning, Old Bay, Weber Gourmet Burger seasoning,Garlic powder, Onion Powder, Cayenne pepper and mix well. It depends on how spicy you want this. I added a little too much for some people of the Cayenne and Thai Seasoning but good for others.

After it is all blended pour over the steak in the crock pot and set on low for 3-4 hours. Serve with sour cream in case it is too spicy. One of our forks was on a date.


Geniet van uw voedsel, Bobbi Jo

2 comments:

$5 Dinner Mom said...

I love the forks! I think that's so great! I'm tagging you tomorrow night at $5 Dinners! Just wanted to give you a heads up!
Erin

Coco said...

You've been tagged on my blog too.. Geeze your so cool