Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cheesy Broccoli Soup

Cheesy Broccoli Soup
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 Tbsp. flour
2 1/2 cups milk
1 lb. Velveeta Cheese or you can use regular cheddar or low fat cheddar, chopped into 1-1/2" cubes
1 pkg (10-16oz. depending on how much broccoli you want int he soup) frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
1/8tsp. pepper
1 tsp. marjoram
1/4 tsp. Adobo

Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan (6 qt. is good) on stove-top. Add onion and saute until tender. Add flour, stirring constantly for 1 minute over medium heat.
Add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 1 minute. Add all remaining ingredients and cook until cheese is melted and soup is heated through. YUMMY!! Nice and filling with crusty bread or serve in a bread bowl.
Family of Forks had to use spoons for this one but still voted by fork with only 4 of us eating tonight the vote was unanimous

Four out of four loved this soup. Great comfort soup!
I know I haven't posted in a while I have been seeing so many other wonderful FOOD blogs that I haven't felt the need to. I guess I should be better at this.

Geniet van uw voedsel, Bobbi Jo

3 comments:

CreativeMish said...

I've always love Cheesy Broccoli soup.. But I've never made it

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Bobbi Jo,
Thanks for hopping over for a visit and sharing your soup recipe with us.
Going to check out more of your blog. Hope to see you again soon.
~Ahrisha~

Megan said...

I love just reading through your recipes, makes me so hungry.
My mom makes a soup that is very similar to yours but also adds potatoes and celery I swear it tastes just like marie calendars cheesy potato soup. Just thought you might like to give it a try