Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Savory Pie

I found this recipe on a blog that found it on another blog "Once In A Blue Moon". I just had to try it seeing that it uses many of my favorite ingredients and my very favorite cheese of all time Brie.
Ingredients for the Savory Pie (more of a pastry)
Puff Pastry
Brie Cheese
Spinach (frozen, thawed and saute)
Onion (saute)
Mushrooms (saute)
While the spinach is sauteing place 1 sheet of Puff Pastry on a baking sheet.
Then spread the spinach on the pastry. Saute the onion then add the mushrooms. After they are done spread them on top of the spinach. Slice up the Brie cheese and place on top of all of this. Place another sheet of Puff Pastry on top and pinch down edges.
I brushed on a light coat of butter before placing in the oven.
Set oven at 400* and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. This smells so yummy and is so beautiful.
And close up: This smells so comforting and delicious.
Oh my goodness so yummy!!! I had to try it. We are waiting for DH to come home.
I give this one a major I know the rest of the Forks will feel the same way. Happy New Year to you all. Be safe and have a wonderful New Year!

Geniet van uw voedsel, Bobbi Jo

5 comments:

Paula said...

Love your picture of your family!
Thanks for sharing such great recipes for storage.
Paula

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Yummmm! I've got to try this.

Stop by for a visit. I am hosting a Bloggers Soup Swap and there will be lots of new soup recipes. Why not join us.

Nana said...

This sounds like I am going to have to try it!!!!

The Blonde Duck said...

Love the new look! And I LOVE this pie!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Yummy!!!! Made my mouth water! LOL! We share the same faith! I can tell by your family picture taken in the entryway of your ward building! :) Now off to visit your other blog! ~Maryjane